- Gun Dealers: Increase revenue through familiarity, avoid missed opportunities, prevent dangerous ADs, gain the credibility of being a Certified Firearm Specialist, gain expertise, begin teaching your customers. Learn the ability to competently help your Attorney defend you in civil suits.
- Don’t be the dealer who took in a used $50k shotgun and unknowingly sold it for $500 to be bought by another collector, who then traded it for a high-end SUV!
- Don’t be the dealer who greatly undervalued a rare rifle and sold it for a fraction of it’s worth because he didn’t notice one tiny mark that quadrupled it’s value.
- Learn to recognize the meaning of the tiny “proof marks” that foreign countries place on their firearms, which increase the value of some guns many times over!
- Learn the facts about guns sold by “catalog houses” and who really made them, and the fact that some guns are legal to possess without a serial number while others are not.
- Don’t buy/consign or take in on pawn a gun that requires registration by ATF as a machinegun or other prohibited category, because it was made or modified in violation of Federal law. Nor should you pass on one that is completely legal but looks at first like a “sawed-off rifle or shotgun”!
- Don’t be the collector who used a rifle receiver to build a pistol. He lost his truck, gun collection, job, and went to prison.
- Gain valuable reference material that is not available from any other source due to being out of print, or only at very high prices!
- Learn how to complete and maintain the necessary ATF forms and records, and how to avoid selling to prohibited persons. Protect your license!